We all know that SEO is super important for any online business. So, here are a few tips from our experts at Pimp Chimp Apparel:
- Choose your keywords carefully. Use the Google Keyword Research tool to understand the search volumes & competitiveness of each search term. From there, you can compile a list of your top 5 keywords, which you can start to target. Longer keywords (multiple words) will be easier to rank in Google for.
- Now that you have your keywords, make sure you're thinking about all the content on your website and adding the keywords in wherever it makes sense to do so. Make sure they also appear in title tags, product tags, header tags and image Alt tags. We always advise playing around with Synonyms of your keywords to help with ranking for similar terms.
- A key consideration when adding content to your website is this. Google will not rank websites it considers to have duplicate content. Everything on your website must be unique - don't steal other vendors product descriptions.
- Make sure that your website is completely awesome on mobile devices. You can find out what Google thinks of your mobile website here.
- Make sure your website is fast. Google is placing huge emphasis on the speed of a website for it's ranking nowadays. You can check how Google ranks your speed here. To speed up your website, first consider converting all your images to JPG and then compress those JPG images.
- Install Google Analytics and Webmaster tools on your website to give yourself some insight into what's working & what isn't. Make sure you submit your XML site map to Google Webmaster Tools.
That's it for today. If you have any questions, please do let us know!